Industrial Wax and oils
|Grade Standard||Technical Grade|
|Molar mass||118.01 g/mol|
|Melting point||197 C|
The most commonly known animal wax is Bees Wax, but other insects secrete waxes. A major component of the beeswax used in constructing honeycombs is the ester myricyl palmitate which is an ester of triacontanol and palmitic acid. Its melting point is 62-65 °C. Spermaceti occurs in large amounts in the head oil of the. One of its main constituents iscetyl palmitate, another ester of a fatty acid and a fatty alcohol. Lanolin is a wax obtained from wool, consisting of esters ofsterols. Beeswax is a natural wax produced in the bee hive of honey bees of the genusApis. The wax is formed by eight wax-producing glands in the abdominal segments 4 through 7 of worker bees. The workers collect it and use it for structural material in the hive. Chemically, beeswax consists of mainly esters of fatty acids and various long-chain alcohols.
- In the manufacture of cosmetics
- As a modelling material in the lost-wax casting process, or cire perdue AND CANDLE MAKING
- For wax tablets used for a variety of writing purposes
- In encaustic paintings such as the Fayum mummy portraits
- In bow making
- To strengthen and preserve sewing thread
- As a component of sealing wax
- To form the mouthpieces of a didgeridoo, and the frets on the Philippine kutiyapi – a type of boat lute
- As a sealant or lubricant for bullets in cap and ball firearms
- To stabilize the military explosive Torpex – before being replaced by a petroleum-based product
- In producing Javanese batik
- As an ancient form of dental tooth filling
Semi Refined Wax
We are highly appreciated for offering our clients with the best range of Semi Refined Wax. These waxes are manufactured by making use of high-grade required basic material, as per detailed quality guidelines.
Furthermore, products that we offer are highly appreciated for their significant attributes such as:
- Less oil content
- Rubber Industry
- Paper & Adhesive Industry
- Casting & Textile Industry
- Ink Industry
- Oil Content: 1.50% - 5.00%
- Melting Point: 55-64C
- Packing: 50/25 kg in Bag/Carton
1.5 % MAX.
Needle Penetration (250C, 100g)
- Textile Auxiliaries
- Leather industry
Palm Wax is an environmentally friendly product as it comes from a sustainable and renewable source and it burns cleanly. Palm cultivation is perhaps, the world's most environmentally friendly commercial crop. We choose to buy our palm wax from Malaysia because its government has put a moratorium on forest clearing for the establishment of oil palm plantations.
Only areas already used for agriculture will be allowed to convert to palm oil production. The oil palm has been grown as a commercial crop in well managed and regulated estates in Malaysia since 1917. The palm produces fruits in bunches which are harvested and sent to palm oil mills to undergo sterilization, bunch stripping, oil extraction, oil clarification and purification. This crude palm oil then becomes the raw material for palm oil refineries where it is further processed by neutralization, bleaching and deodorization.
The Refined palm oil then undergoes fractionation by which palm olein and palm stearin are produced and these in turn are further fractionated to obtain specialized products. These range from cooking/frying oil, shortening/cooking fats, creamers, waxes and many others.
About 25% of the palm oil available is used for non-edible products which include agricultural emulsifiers, stabilizers in paper and PVC manufacturing, a whole range of soaps, detergents, toiletries and candle making wax. Palm waxes are made from a 100% Natural Palm Oil Based raw materials. The various blends of palm waxes are formulated from the many fractions of palm oil and the many fractions of the palm oil based oleo-chemicals. Some fractions are soft and some are hard. The selections of the various fractions of palm oil and oleo-chemicals are made based on the many requirements of making Natural Candles.
Natural Palm Wax Candles are the first choice for a number of reasons:
- The Palm Waxes / Palm Wax Candles are Environmentally Friendly.
- Wide application in Aromatherapy, be it in Scented Candles or as a heat source for vaporizing essential oils.
- General food warming applications in restaurants and hotels.
- Palm Waxes are specially formulated to make candles of specific designs and applications, examples are pillars, tapers, Container candles, T - lights, etc.
Rice Bran Wax
We offer wide range of Rice Bran Wax.
- Rice bran wax is edible and can serve as a substitute for carnauba wax in most applications due to its relatively high melting point. It is used in paper coatings, textiles, explosives, fruit & vegetable coatings, confectionery, pharmaceuticals, candles, moulded novelties, electric insulation, textile and leather sizing, waterproofing, carbon paper, typewriter, PVC INDUSTRIES ribbons, printinginks, lubricants, crayons, adhesives, chewing gum and cosmetics. In cosmetics, rice bran wax is used as an emollient, and is the basis material for some exfoliation particles.
- Melting point = 77 - 95'C
- Saponification value = 75 - 120
- Iodine number = 11.1 - 17.6
- Free fatty acids = 2.1 - 7.3%
- Phosphorus = 0.01 - 0.15%
- Color: Off-white to moderate orange/brown
- Odor: typical fatty, crayola-ish
- Rice bran wax bleaches and deodorizes readily